Pages

Best Friends - Witches! Slimline Card


Hello my crafty friends and welcome to today's Rabbit Hole Designs blog!  I have been having such a fun time creating slimline cards (I think it might be an obsession).   When I saw The Rabbit Hole Designs Witches release  for August, I could not wait to color them.  They are such fun and whimsy images!  It got me thinking of haunted houses and those photos on the wall that look like they are following you.  So, today's card is that wall in the stairwell of a witch's house.  

I am using the Country Witch and Spellcaster Witch stamp sets to create this slimline portrait wall card.  I chose to color these two witch images as portraits in a gray scale.  I used several gray alcohol markers along with a precision point black pen and white gel pen. I die cut the images with oval dies I had in my craft stash and created larger dark navy oval frames. 


I stamped out many of the additional images in gray ink an colored them in more muted colors.  I then colored over the top of each image in a very light gray alcohol marker.  The purpose is to give the hint of color, but not draw your attention to these smaller images.  I then chose different shaped nesting dies to frame out each image.  I used the same metallic rose gold cardstock for the small frames.
I stamped out the "Good friends..." sentiment on to buttercream cardstock. I cut it to size and then cut a mat for it (slightly bigger from the Rose Gold cardstock


I used a piece of 8 1/2" x 3 1/2" pink pin striped printed cardstock for the wall it is mounted on a 8 5/8" x 3 5/8" piece of grey cardstock.  This is attached to a 9' x 4 " card base.  I  played around with the positioning of the framed images.  Once I was happy with the placement, I used foam squares to attach the portraits and pictures to the card front completing the card 


Here are The Rabbit Hole Design products used in this card:


Country Witch stamp set



Spellcaster Witch stamp set




Thank you for stopping by The Rabbit Hole Designs Blog today! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial using the Spellcaster Witch and Country Witch stamp sets!  Slimline card are all the rage.  Give them a try!  


 

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - http://www.journeycoachjenn.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment