Pages

All I want for Christmas

Hello everyone! DTM Shanna here today with a card featuring The Rabbit Hole Design‘s new release for November, Hoggy Holidays! I love making non-traditional Christmas cards, and the presents image in this set was just perfect for a rainbow card!!  (any excuse for a rainbow right?!?)



I started by making a watercolored background for my presents by ink smooshing a rainbow of distress inks across a piece of watercolor paper.  I let the dry and then actually stenciled over it with Ranger Transparent Texture paste using the Diamond Flower stencil from TRHD.  The end result was quite pretty, but silly me ended up covering most of the stencil work with the card elements.  So here is a close up I took on my phone of the scrap so you could see how pretty the stencil work turned out.

Next I stamped out a bunch of the presents and colored them with my Zig markers, sticking to the colors of the rainbow. I lined them all up across the watercolored background in rainbow order, adhering with foam tape.


I chose a split card design for this card, die cutting 2 panels to adhere to my card base with foam tape above and below my stamped images.  The accent makes it look like the presents are *floating* in the negative space between the panels.  Kinda fun!!


Here is the full stamp set, isn't it cute??  




That wraps up my post for today, I will be back next week for another trip down The Rabbit Hole!  Until then you can find me over on my blog, Caffeinated Craftiness or over on Instagram
-Shanna


For even more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these links.

2 comments: