Pages

Chocolate Truffles

Scented Embossing Chocolate Truffles

Hey crafty friend, it's Amanda from Pear Blossom Press, back with some more scented cards today. These were inspired by my friend, Katie Brooks. When the Sassy Sentiments stamp set came out last year, she had the brilliant idea to turn the jellyfish from Sofishticated into a truffle and pair it with the funny chocolate saying. As soon as my scented embossing powders arrived, I knew I wanted to recreate the idea!

To start, I stamped the top of the jellyfish onto white cardstock, then added a narrow border to it, and cut it out multiple times with my ScanNCut. (You could fussy cut the shape, or use a circle die and cut the bottom flat if you don't have a ScanNCut.) I coated the entire front of each cutout with Versamark ink, and melted several layers of chocolate embossing powder on top. Next, I lined the cutouts up in my Misti, and stamped the top of the jellyfish over the chocolate with more Versamark ink. I sprinkled on a second scented powder and heat embossed it. The new layer melted into the chocolate, creating a smooth, flat surface, but leaving crisp lines. (The different scents used were raspberry, rose, and apple.)

Scented Embossing Chocolate Truffles

To create the paper cups for the truffles, I cut strips of vellum and ran them through my paper crimper. I trimmed the strips to fit over each truffle and glued them in place.

To complete my cards, I created various backgrounds and either die cut them with a fancy scalloped rectangle, or dry embossed with the new Broken Glass stencil. A die cut sentiment pulled the cards together, and a few sequins finished them off.

Scented Embossing Chocolate Truffles Scented Embossing Chocolate Truffles Scented Embossing Chocolate Truffles

I have to tell you, these cards smell so good! The chocolate isn't very strong, so the other scents don't get lost. They all blend nicely, and smell like a fancy box of candy. But fair warning, everyone in the house will want to know what you're baking if you start melting the scented embossing powders.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope Katie and I have inspired you to give this idea a try. Wouldn't it be great for Valentine's Day too? You can find the sister article to this over on my blog; head on over for links to the specific products I used. I'll be back soon with more fun cards to share.

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places.
The Rabbit Hole Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment