Pages

Chocolate Understands with Katie

Hi friends!  Happy Tuesday and welcome to The Rabbit Hole Designs blog.  I have something for all you chocolate lovers out there. 


 

This card was inspired by the Sofishticated set.  When I first saw the jellyfish and the designs on it, I thought the top looked like a specialty chocolate or truffle.  I had it in my mind to make it that way one day, so when we came out with the Sassy Sentiments set, I knew I had my match!  

Here is how I made this card:
  • I stamped the jellyfish and masked off the bottom.  Which in retrospect, probably wasn't necessary since I fussy cut it out, but oh well.  :)  I colored it using my Copics and then cut it out and set it aside.
  • I die cut a white panel with a wonky stitches die from my stash.  Then I added some distress inks to the background to make the chocolate pop.  
  • Next, I mounted the base on some craft cardstock to pull on the brown and chocolate theme. 
  • I stamped the sentiment from the Sassy Sentiments set on pink cardstock using brown ink, cut the ends and mounted on my cardstock.  
  • I created a chocolate wrapper using a slightly opaque vellum and folded it around the chocolate and glued it down, then I popped both up on the front using dimensionals. 
  • Lastly, I added these glassy looking heart embellishments. 



Right, chocolate just knows!  It knew last night when I was trying to relax after a long day...  :D  





I had one of those "I feel smart" moments when I made the jellyfish into a chocolate- teehee.  I hope you like it too.  For more inspiration from me feel free to visit my blog.  

Thank you so much for your visit today! 


For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places.

4 comments:

  1. Such a creative use of this jellyfish, the coloring reminds me of those Faberge eggs. Thanks for sharing this inspiration with these fun products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! I love the little gem accents!

    ReplyDelete