Pages

Fall Foxes

Hello, Erin here sharing a card I made with the Fall Foxes stamp set from The Rabbit Hole Designs.  This stamp set is so cute!  It has adorable sentiments, four fox images and cute fall leaves.  What more could you want in a fall set?!


To make this card I started by using colored pencils to color one of the fox images.  I really like the one with the fox looking at the snail so I went with that one for this card.  After the image was colored, I used the coordinating die to cut it out.

Next,  I began working on the background.  I absolutely love the Falling Leaves stamp set and the Falling Leaves stencil.  I think both of those are my favorite items from the fall release at the Rabbit Hole Designs.  There are just so many options.  I've found myself reaching for either the stamp, the stencil or both for nearly every card I've made in the past few months! 

First I grabbed a few different shades of brown inks and stenciled them onto a light brown card stock.  The fox image will be the main focus of my card so I wanted a fairly monotone background. However, I couldn't help but add just a bit of yellow in a few places on the leaves for a small pop of color.  

Using my Misti stamping tool, which I use pretty much every time I stamp, I lined up the stenciled leaves with the leaf stamp set and used brown ink to stamp the leaf outlines.  I love how this background turned out!
To assemble the card, I used foam tape and mounted the fox on a dark brown circle in the bottom corner of the card.  For the sentiment, I taped over the 3rd line of text that says "friend is my first" and stamped it in dark brown ink.  Sometimes I find that the spacing in sentiment stamps in too close to mask out lines or words easily but that isn't the case with this set!  The spacing is perfect for this and I easily covered up a line of text with a piece of washi. 

 I mounted the whole card front onto a red card base that coordinates well with the red colors in the fox and mushroom. I added some white highlights with a white gel pen and, although you can't see it in the photo, I used Wink of Stella to add shimmer to the white parts of the fox and the mushroom top.  


 For this inside of the card, I made a white panel using the You've Been Framed Layering Dies.  Then I added some brown leaves with the Falling Leaves stencil, making it darker on the edges and lighter in the middle where the writing will be.  I used the same sentiment that I used on the card front but this time I masked off the top two lines and just stamped the last one. 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places:

No comments:

Post a Comment