Pages

Adulting is Hard

 


Hello everyone it's Lauren here on the blog today. When I saw this Caffeinated Parrot stamp set I knew I had to have it! So hilarious. I love how one of his eyes is partially closed! 

Today's card was created with my oldest son in mind and I cannot wait to give it to him! He would love to own a McCaw someday so I colored up this guy as a Blue and Gold McCaw. 

I started this card by stamping the parrot image onto watercolor paper. I then colored the image using Derwent Inktense pencils. I love these water coloring pencils because they dry like ink so there is very little bleeding. 

I then used the Clouds In My Coffee stencil to create tops of trees to resemble a jungle. I placed the stencil in the position I wanted then traced it with my pencil. I did that with all the tree layers, then did the coloring. Making sure to alter the shades of green so that they wouldn't look like all one tree.


When I colored the tree layers I also made sure that the layer next to the one I was about to color was dry before I colored it. That keeps the colors from running  together and mixing.


Then I finished off the coloring on the parrot. On the coffee cup I wrote "Tims" to stand for Tim Hortons, our favorite coffee place in Canada. 


For the sky, I lightly swept Mermaid Lagoon distress oxide across the top above the trees. When dry I stamped my sentiment. This one is from the Blended Sentiments 2 set. 


Finally, I trimmed the panel down using a stitched rectangle die from my stash, backed it with a 4.25x5.5 blue cardstock panel then adhered to my A2 top folding card base.

I am so happy with how this card turned out and I know my son is going to love it! Thanks so much for visiting! Have a great day.
Lauren






No comments:

Post a Comment