Pages

Creating a Snow Globe-themed Card with Baby's 1st Christmas Stamp Set

Hello crafty friends, it's Rick back again with another fun card to share with you for the Rabbit Hole Designs.   Today I have another fun little card to share with you using the Baby's 1st Christmas Stamp Set (designed by Agota Pop exclusively for Rabbit Hole Designs). 

Baby's 1st Christmas Stamp Set, Rabbit Hole Designs, Triangle Mosaic Stencil, Colored Pencils, Diamond Glaze Card by Rick Adkins

To start this card I stamped the snow globe from the Baby's 1st Christmas Stamp Set onto a piece of Kraft colored cardstock in a slightly darker brown ink color.  I then stamped the train and the extra box car to the back of the train along the bottom edge and then flipped the cardstock and repeated that along the top to create a fun little border to frame the snow globe.  I then stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the snow globe to act as an anchor.  

Baby's 1st Christmas Stamp Set, Rabbit Hole Designs, Triangle Mosaic Stencil, Colored Pencils, Diamond Glaze Card by Rick Adkins view 2

Once the stamping was completed I then took some plain old inexpensive Crayola Colored Pencils and started coloring the images.  Yes, I did say Crayola Colored Pencils!  You can get great results with them so don't be afraid to use what you have.  Once all the coloring was completed I then masked off the Snow Globe and sentiment with a simple mask made from Post It Notes and placed the Triangle Mosaic Stencil over the top.  Next I took some White Pigment Ink and a CottonTail Blending Brush (that is designated for White Pigment Ink only) and added the ink over the top of the stencil.  I made sure to not go over the trains at the top and bottom with the white pigment ink.  

Baby's 1st Christmas Stamp Set, Rabbit Hole Designs, Triangle Mosaic Stencil, Colored Pencils, Diamond Glaze Card by Rick Adkins view 3

Once the White Pigment Ink dried I then added a thin layer of Diamond Glaze over the snow globe's glass and the little heart.  When that dried I cut down the panel a little bit and added it to a light blue cardstock mat layer and then to my white card base.  And that my crafty friends finishes my card for today using the Baby's 1st Christmas Stamp Set.  Thanks for dropping by today and I hope that you have a wonderful crafty day! 

For more inspiration news and updates make sure to follow us on Social Media and check out these places as well! 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment