Pages

Love You More- Winter Frost and Cattitude Holiday Mash-Up Card


Hey Everyone! Justin here with my FIRST blog post as an official The Rabbit Hole Designs DT Member!

Today I am super excited to share with you the project I made by mashing up 2 of my favorite sets together: Cattitude & Love You More- Winter Frost

The reason I wanted to mash these cards together was because of that tilting Christmas Tree from the Love You More- Winter Frost set. It's so fun, but I feel that very little bit of chaos in the tilting tree is so relatable. My husband talked about when his family had a cat, they actually had to stop putting up a tree because the cat would destroy it! So, I took that idea and ran with it for this card.

With most cards, I start with my background. I cut a 4" x 5.25" panel, took the Circle Illusion Stencil, adhered it with a light tack spray, and blended red ink. I then mounted it to a green mitten-patterned A2 panel for some extra holiday feels.

For my images, I colored the sitting cat from Cattitude and only the tree from Love You More- Winter Frost (I masked off the couple trying to place the star). I then colored the images with alcohol markers and cut them out with my scan and cut. After cutting, I used red and green enamel dots to add ornaments to the tree and let them dry. I also made an extra cut with my scissors to separate the cat's legs so he looked like he was straddling the tree.

Once I adhered my cat to the tree, I used a card wobbler to attach the tree to my card. That way, it would look like the cat is making it tumble over!

I added a sentiment strip saying "blame it on the dog" from the Cattitude set (I mean, how perfect of a sentiment for a card like this) and used some of the pawprint stamps for a little extra detail.

To finish my card off, I used some green enamel dots and placed them around the tree in the shape of paw prints!

Here are the products used to make this card:




For more inspiration with your The Rabbit Hole Designs Creations, be sure to follow along at these other locations:

For more details about products used in this post, you may also follow along at my personal blog, Just a Note by Justin, as well!

I hope this card sparked some fun ideas for your future projects, and thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card! Love that cat on the tree! Great background design too!

    ReplyDelete