Pages

Head in the Clouds - Interactive Valentine Swing Card

 

Hello crafty friends!  Jenn Gross here, with and interactive card using stamps and stencils from The Rabbit Hole Designs, You can also find my projects on IG under @journeycoachjenn.  It seems that love is in the air and in the clouds!

Today I am sharing aninteractive Valentine card.  This swinging cupid card is created with The Rabbit Hole Designs' Cupid Clarence stamp set (a Dusting Pike illustration) I used Cottontail Blending Brushes,  Clouds in my Coffee stencil paired with the radiant die from the You've Been Framed die set for the background.

Let's take a look at how this card is created:
A - I stamp the Cupid Clarence image twice.  I colored the head of one of the images  and the body of the other image using blue violet (BV) Olo Markers.   I fussy cut the colored head and body, leaving about 1/2" of paper above the neck of the body piece to attach Clarence's head with a foam square.  I angle the head at a slight upward angle and secured it to the body.

B - I randomly ink blended a cloud background with the Clouds In My Coffee stencil using Cotton Tail Blending Brushes. and Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink on a 4" x 5 1/4' piece of white cardstock.

C & D - Using a standard hole punch, I added a hole 5/8" below the top center of the card front.  I positioned the radiant die from the You've been Framed die set about 1/2' below the hole and die cut the design. 
E - I used the standard hole punch to add a hole on each end of a 2' x 1/2" strip of clear acetate. This will be used for an interactive swing bar.

F - I added small jump rings to  the back of  Clarence's envelope and on the bottom of Clarence's shorts to add a small bit of weight for balance. The jump rings are attached with redline tape and a small piece of paper is glued over the top to secure the jumb rings into place.  I used Gem-Tack adhesive to attach a slider snap on side of the back of Clarence's arrow hand. 

G & H - I let the snap dry in place and attached one hole at the end of the acetate strip over the snap on Clarence's hand and snapped it in place. I snapped the other end of the acetate to the hole on the top of the card and tested the swing movement.  I removed the snap and acetate from the top card hole so I could stamp the sentiment at the bottom of the card.
I & J - I snapped the acetate swing bar to the top of the card front  I used a small cloud die cut from my stash to die cut a cloud to hide the snap attachment at the top of the card.  The cloud is placed over the snap with thick double-sided adhesive foam tape on each side of the cloud.  This space allows the acetate bar to swing freely.

K - I attached the card front to a lilac A2 card base using  double-sided adhesive foam tape completing this fun interactive card. 

Products Used

Thank you, I appreciate you taking time from your day to stop by and check out today’s interactive Valentine card featuring The Rabbit Hole Designs' new Cupid Clarence stamp set.  I hope you are inspired to create something lovely today!

 

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - http://www.journeycoachjenn.com/

 

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment