Pages

You Are a Little Quirky - Fun Little Valentine's Day Card

 Hello crafty friends, and welcome back to the Rabbit Hole Designs Blog; It's Rick back with you today to share a fun little Valentine's Day card that's perfect for that quirky person in your life.  For my card I used the brand new Cupid Clarence 4 x 4 Stamp Set designed by Dustin Pike for the Rabbit Hole Designs.  I also used the Triangle Mosaic 6 x 6 Stencil for the background.  

Cupid Clarence Valentine's Day Card by Rick Adkins

To add more color to the Cupid Clarence stamp set I used my alcohol markers to color him in and added some fun little gold details with a gold gel pen.  I also added some other little gold foil details as well.  But I thought the fun little gold gel pen accents to his arrow, strings on his head band, and the hearts on his boxers was a fun little touch.  So, don't forget those little details when it comes to making your projects.  Sometimes it's those little touches that takes your cards to the next level. 

Cupid Clarence Valentine's Day Card by Rick Adkins Second view


When I am designing a card I love to take one of the stencils that you normally wouldn't think of for the occasion and add it to the backgrounds of my cards.  For example here I used the Triangle Mosaic Stencil which is not your typical Valentine themed stencil.  But the geometric pattern mixed with the fun Cupid Clarence just works and adds that little whimsical touch to the card.  To finish off the card all I had to do was add a sentiment to the card on a coordinating piece of cardstock.  

I hope this post has given you a little inspiration about combining products that you normally wouldn't put together to create a fun card.  


Remember, it's all about experimentation and finding what resonates with you. And don't forget to share your creations on social media and tag The Rabbit Hole Designs to spread the card-making love.

 

Thanks for dropping by today I hope you have a wonderful day and that you found this post helpful. You can find all the supplies that I used on today's cards on my blog post by clicking here! 

 

You can find me on the following Social Media Channels with more crafty inspiration: 

Blog:  https://www.rckinsmonstudio.net/rickadkinscards

Facebook Page:  https://www.facebook.com/rickcraftycorner

YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/@RickAdkins

TikTok:  https://www.tiktok.com/@rickadkinscardmaker

Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/rickadkinsdesigns/

 

I hope that you have a crafty day.  For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places.  

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube

 

Have a crafty day!

Rick 


No comments:

Post a Comment