Pages

Birthday Penguin

 Hello, Erin here to share a card that I made with the Penguining from The Rabbit Hole Designs! This adorable stamp set has three little penguins that can be used together or they can be cut apart to use separately.  For this card, I decided to use just one of the three penguins, which I cut from the other two using the Penguining Dies.



I started by looking through the Retro Christmas Paper Pack and found this very pretty red paper.  I wanted to make a winter themed card that wasn't for Christmas so I choose to stamp the word "Birthday", from the Birthday-Scripty stamp set, in a red ink that coordinates well with the paper.  I then cut it out using the shadow die from the Birthday-Scripty Word with Shadow Layer Dies
The sentiment "Wishing you the happiest" also comes from the Birthday-Scripty stamp set and I stamped that onto a white rectangle which I then mounted onto the red patterned paper.  I popped up the penguin and the word "Birthday" with some foam tape for a little dimension added that them to the card front.  I layered everything onto another white rectangle and mounted the whole card front onto a red card base. 

I have a family member with a birthday just before Christmas and she once told me that growing up, she always received combined "Merry Birthday" or "Happy Christmas" gifts. Since then, I've ensured that we celebrate her birthday completely separate from Christmas. After all, everyone deserves a special day!  I always make sure her gifts are wrapped in Birthday-themed wrapping paper and that the cake, cards or dinner don't have any Christmas related theme. I think this card will work perfectly for her birthday this year because it is winter themed but doesn't mention Christmas at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment