Pages

Whimsy and Bright Holiday Shaker Card

 

Hello crafty friends! Thank you for stopping by to see today's creation!  Here is a great idea to get more use of your stencils!  I love how this whimsical tree background turned out! It is created with six of The Rabbit Hole Designs stencils and it is a super easy technique!

This card also uses a whopping 13 of The Rabbit Hole Designs products! WOW!  Six are stencils revolving around the Beam of Light Stencil.  This is used for all the bright holiday trees in the back ground.  Each one is stenciled in a different color combo with another stencil for the pattern on the tree. 3 stamps and dies - Warm and Cozy stamp set, the Poinsettia & Pinecone stamps and coordinating dies, and the You've Been Framed die set. I also use three essentials; the Cottontail Embossing Powder Tool, Cottontail blending Brushes and the A2 Shaker Acetate Sheets. Whew!  
This may be a record, LOL!  

Let's go ahead and take a look at the steps and techniques!
I use the Beam of Light stencil to create holiday trees. 
A - Start with a piece of 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of white cardstock for your card front. Position the Beam of Light stencil on the card front. Secure it with low tack paper tape like Mint Tape.  Using a Cottontail Blending Brush and a light green ink and stencil the beam.

B & C - I  placed the Mesh-Optical Illusion stencil over the Beam of Light stencil and secure it with low tack tape. I used the blending brush to stencil a darker green ink over the top to create a patterned triangle (for the tree).

D - Using Masking Magic, I traced and cut out the Beam of Light  shape 5 times and use one to mask off the green stenciled tree.
E & F - After cleaning off the stencils, I place the Beam of Light stencil on the card front just left and higher than the masked off green tree. I repeated the same stenciling steps, but choose a light and medium pink ink with the Splish Splash stencil.

G - I removed the stencils and masked of the pink tree. After cleaning the stencil, I repeated the process three more times.

H & I - The third tree is stenciled with bright green ink (a light and medium shade) with the Mid-Century Modern #1 stencil. The fourth tree uses light and medium teal ink with the Taste Like Honey stencil. The fifth and final tree uses light an medium purple ink with the Cat Eye stencil.
J -  After masking off the last tree, I used Prize Ribbon and Villainous Potion Distress Oxide inks to blend in a background sky.

K & L -  After I completed the ink blending, I splashed a bit of water onto the background. Next I used champagne gold watercolor paint to add specs of gold in the background sky.

M -  After allowing the background to dry, I peeled off the masking over each tree to reveal the card front.
N & O - I used one of the A2 Shaker Acetate Sheets and attached it to the card front per the directions on the package, making sure to leave a opening at the top of the card front to add shaker bits.

P - I added sequins and curl shaker bits and sealed the top acetate tab.

Q - I use the two largest You've Been Framed dies  to cut a frame from white glitter paper and attached it to the card front with narrow red lines adhesive tape. 
R -  I stamped and colored the snowman from the Warm and Cozy stamp set with OLO markers.

S -  I use the Cottontail Embossing Powder Tool to prep a piece of black card stock foe heat embossing. Using my stamping tool, I stamped  Poinsettia & Pinecone sentiment "Merry" "and bright"  with clear embossing ink. I heat set both using a white glitter embossing powder.  The sentiment is die cut using the coordinating dies.

T - I added the sentiment to the bottom of the card front and glued the Snowman in the lower right corner just above the sentiment.  The finished card front is added to a white A2 cardbase.

Supply List
TRHD STENCILS

TRHD TOOLS

TRHD STAMP & DIES
You've Been Framed dies

SAVE 10% off your Rabbit Hole Designs Order by using any of my links and the code" jenn10" at check out!

Thank you, I appreciate you taking time from your day to stop by and check out my Whimsy and Bright Holiday Shaker Card for The Rabbit Hole Designs!  I hope you are inspired to create something lovely today!

 

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - http://www.journeycoachjenn.com/

 

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment