Pages

Festive Holiday Earrings

Hello there crafty friends I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones!   I am ao very grateful for you! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and check out today's blog.   

 I am creating an easy handmade gift using The Rabbit Hole Designs' Baby's First Christmas stamp set (an Agota Pop Illustration) and a few items form my stash. I love this cute stack of presents. I think they're so festive for the holiday season.  I am making a pair of holiday earrings! 
I grabbed some frosted shrink plastic and a 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" tag die from my stash to die cut the two shapes for the earrings (These will shrink down to 7/8" x 1 3/8" creating a mini tag). I die cut a tag out of cardstock to use for a positioning template.
I placed the cardstock tag template in my Stamp Wheel. I added a small strip of lowtack tape at the top face down to help release the tags after stamping.  I placed the cardstock tag in the template to position and stamped the image in the tag. I removed the cardstock tag and place the shrink plastic tag in the opening and inked up the image with StazOn ink.  I repeated this step with the second shrink plastic tag.
I used OLO Markers to color the present images on the frosted side of each tag.  To heat shrink the plastic tags, I use a wood cutting board with a piece of heat resistant grilling screen. The screen is clamped on one corner, but it helps to hold the plastic in place when I shrink it with the heat gun.  Make sure to heat the plastic evenly.  It curls up when it shrinks, but it will eventually flatten back out into a smaller version of the tag shape.
The earrings are made by adding the following: 2 small red jingle bells, 2 large silver jump rings, 4 small silver jump rings, 2 sterling silver earring clasps.  I made two small organza bows with 1/4" frosted organza ribbon.  I glued a bow on each tag just below the tag hole and attached the large silver jump ring to the tag hole.  I attached each earring clasp to a small jump ring and then to the large jumpring on each of the tags.  I used the second small jump ring to attach a jingle bell to the large jump ring on one of the the tags to complete each earring.

   I think these are so adorable and make perfect to give that power-shopper in your life!

The Rabbit Hole Designs Supplies


Thank you, I appreciate you taking time from your day to stop by and check out The Rabbit Hole Designs Blog. I hope you are inspired to create something lovely today!

 

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - http://www.journeycoachjenn.com/

 

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube






 

No comments:

Post a Comment