Pages

Christmas Penguin

Hello, Erin here to share a card I made using the Penguining Stamp Set from The Rabbit Hole Designs!  Now that Halloween has passed, I am in full Christmas mode!  I haven't allowed myself to drag out the totes of Christmas decorations yet but it won't be long.    


To start this card, I stamped the three penguin images. In this stamp set they are all connected but the coordinating dies are perfectly shaped to cut them apart.  It's nice because you can either use them together in a row or separate them.  I decided to separate them for this card.  I picked the penguin with the candy cane and colored it with colored pencils.  I like that the images in this set are pretty quick to color.  I don't mind long coloring projects sometimes but occasionally it is nice to have something that doesn't require too much coloring.  I don't think I spent more than 10 minutes coloring the penguin and probably even less than that.


My intention was to make a red and white striped background to look like a candy cane.  I really struggled with it, I just couldn't get the exact look that I had in my mind.  So after a bit I gave up on the candy cane background idea and pulled out my stencils.  The Back Alley stencil is one of my favorites, I use it fairly often.  I do love products that I reach for again and again!  I used red ink for the stenciling and left a white area in the middle for the sentiment and the image.

Next, I loaded the background onto my Misti and placed the sentiment stamps  at the top and bottom of the white space.


After I added the penguin in the middle, I mounted the background on red card stock. I didn't feel like it was quite done so I grabbed an Acetate Shaker Sheet and some red and green sequins. The shaker sheets make it so easy to turn a simple card into something interactive in just minutes!






No comments:

Post a Comment