Pages

Revisiting the Rabbit Hole! A look at our favorite creations from 2022

 
Happy December!  This month The Rabbit Hole Designs Brand Ambassadors will be revisiting our favorite cards and creations of 2022  I get the pleasure of leading off the month and I am choosing to go down the Rabbit Hole to revisit this Wonderland Slimline.  
Let's check out my post from July 25, 2022:

I love absolutely everything about this series and I am so excited I got to create with the Drink Me image from the Wonderland #1 stamp set.  

I had this idea in my mind, but I was not sure how to achieve it at first,  so I colored the two images with alcohol markers, the girl with the Drink Me bottle and the astonished door knob. 

Once the Wonderland #1 images were colored, I die cut them with the Wonderland #1 coordinating dies.  I cut a piece of watercolor printed cardstock to measure 3" x 8".  I started to position the two images on the card front.  I kept thinking of the story and how the girl's tears flooded the room.  I realize I had this amazing  wave die in my stash and it might work perfectly vertically on my slimline card.
I die cut it from three different colors of cardstock; white, light blue and a cobalt blue. I over lapped the waves and arranged it at an angle on where card front. I cut off the extra overhanging wave and glued each layer (starting with the cobalt) to the lower part of the card front.  I layered the bottom of the bottle I the waves and glued the girl into place.
I wanted to create a door for the door know face and was able to do so with ink and a wood stamp in my stash. After the wood panel door was complete, I positioned it in the top right of the slimline card making sure it covered a bit of the wave.  I wanted to achieve  the look of water rushing out of an open door. Once I had the door placed I cut off the extra overhanging the edge os the card front.

 At this point, I wanted to I wanted to attach a key to the doorknob faces nose. So I stamped a second doorknob face and just colored the nose and fussy cut the doorknob nose. I used a key charm from my stash and I tied it off with some black twine.  I attached it to the extra doorknob nose, glueing the knot behind the know.  I added a small piece of adhesive foam tape behind the knob and removed the release paper. I attached this over the same knob on the door knob face and I glued the shift directly to the face.  This give the impression of a 3D doorknob.
The door is raised with adhesive black foam tape on the left side and the top right corner an side of the door is glued directly to the card front. The Doorknob face with key ar glued into place and the card front is layered on a piece of black cardstock and mounted on a white slimline card base.

The Rabbit Hole Designs Products



Thank you for traveling down the rabbit hole and revisiting my July 25 post!  I hope you enjoyed revisiting this slimline card and that it inspires you to create something lovely today!


Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - http://www.journeycoachjenn.com/

 

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment