Pages

Sweet Summer Watermelon Card

 

Hope you are keeping cool!  We have been in the high 80° (F) in the Midwestern U.S. and cold watermelon is delicious on a hot summer day! 

I am using the One in a Melon stamp set with the coordinating dies to create this fun summr treat of a card!  Join along as I share the stamp, ink blend and heat emboss steps for today's card.
I started out by die cutting a heart shape from Masking Magic.  I peeled off the release paper and positioned it in the upper middle of a 4" x 5 1/2" piece if off-white colored cardstock. Using the Cotton Tail blending brushes, I ink blended a shade of pink watermelon ink around the masked off heart shape and used a green ink to frame the perimeter of the card.  I stamped the watermelon wedge image in a random pattern using a darker green ink.  I splatter the card front panel with dark brown liquid pigment.

I removed the heart mask after the ink and splatters dried and rounded the corners of the card front.

I stamped out the You are one in a Melon sentiment with green VersaMark ink and stamped the same image directly over the first with clear embossing ink before heat embossing it in clear embossing powder. The sentiment is then cut to a rectangle.

The watermelon popsicle is colored using OLO markers.  I used a clear embossing pen over the pink watermelon and heat set clear embossing powder over the top befor cutting out the image.

 Both images are positioned in the heart and adhered with forma squares. The light pink A2 card base also has it's corners rounded before gluing on the watermelon card front.



The Rabbit Hole Designs Products
Cottontail Blending Brushes
Adhesive Foam Squares

Thank you, I appreciate you taking time from your day to stop by and check out The Rabbit Hole Designs June Release Blog. I hope you are inspired to create something lovely today! 

 

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - http://www.journeycoachjenn.com/

 

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment