Pages

Birthday Twist Card - Sentimentally Speaking Stamp set

 

Hello crafty friends! Welcome to today's blog featuring The Rabbit Hole Designs New Paisley Bandana 2 Layer stencil paired with the Sentimentaly Speaking stamp set with coordinating dies. I had a funny little crafty mishap when I was creating this card and took a photo of it to share with you.  It was a good laugh out loud moment.

The new Sentimentally Speaking stamp set with coordinatind dies is a card makers "must have"! The set contains 14 everyday sentiments and the coordianting dies frame them beautifully.  This set has quickly become one of my favorites!  I am using the Happy Birthday stamp and matching die for today's Birthday twist card.

I used  Creamsicle, Watermelon and Wildberry inks to stencil the first layer, stencil #1, of the Paisley Bandana stencil. For second layer, stencil #2, I used Grasshopper, Eucalyptus and Rainforest inks.

A - I decided to stamp the main sentiment Happy Birthday in a dark purple ink in the middle of the card using the Stampwheel. Keeping the sentiment in place on the stamping platfoem, I cleaned it off the ink and  I rotated the stamp platform counter clockwise one notch. I masked off the word Birthday and injked only the word Happy in Wildberry ink to stamp it four times rotating the stamp platform one notch  to stamp the sentiment four times the around the top of the card.

B & C - You can see I accidentally inked the wrong side of the stamp platform.  Oooops no stamp there, it was on the other side.  That was a great laugh and easily fixed by whiping off the ink and flipping over the platform to try again. 

I cleaned off the stamp and rotated the stamping platform to place the sentiment one notch rotation below the main Happy Birthday sentiment.  I masked off the Happy portion of the word while inking only the word Birthday. This is stamped in Rainforest ink four times rotating the stamping platform clockwise one additional notch rotation each time.  

D -  I was not excited about the look of the main dark purple Happy Birthday sentiment so I pivoted.  I die cut the purple sentiment out of the card front.   I lined up the card front over an A2 card base and   re-stamped the sentiment with Rainforest ink on a light peach A2 card base.  The card front is attached using adhesive foam squares and the Happy Birthday sentiment show as a recessed sentiment.  A much better results in my opinion.
Supply List 

Thank you, I appreciate you taking time from your day to stop by and check out today’s The Rabbit Hole Design project.  I hope you are inspired to create something lovely today!

 

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - https://journeycoachjenn.blogspot.com/  

 

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube






1 comment:

  1. This is my new favorite stencil. I LOVE the designs, and the ability to use colors easily since it is a layering stencil set.

    ReplyDelete