Pages

Make a Wish - a new interactive birthday card surprise!

How crafty friends, Jenn here with an bright and cheery interactive birthday card featuring The Rabbit Hole Designs'  Pinwheel stencil and Sentimentaly Speaking stamp set with coordinating dies both from the June Release. I paired it with the Cupcake image from the Year 4 Birthday stamp set.

TRHD Supply List
Year 4 Birthday stamp set 

Other Supplies
Candle Light Pear Blossom Press 
World's Best Foam Tape 
Zero Centered Ruler 
OLO Markers
Distress Oxide inks 
White Embossing Powder
Using the Cottontail Blending Brushes I blended the Pinwheel  background on a piece of 4" x 5 1/4 Oceanside cardstock using Salvaged Patina, Salty Ocean, and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide inks.  I am using the new Candle Light interactive blow-out candle by Pear Blossom Press to create the interactive component.  The cupcake image is colored with OLO Markers. The sentiment is created by treating a piece of Sweet Pea cardstock with the Cottontail Embossing Powder Tool. The sentiment is the word Birthday and Wishes is heat embossed with white embossing powder and then die cut with the coordinating dies.
I positioned the cupcake image and Candle Light on the card front to locate the placement. I use a no-photo blue pencil to mark important areas, 1) where the candle flame will light up and 2) the hole needed for the action to blow out the candle flame. I glued the cupcake  onto the card front with liquid glue. I created a die placement template by die cutting the top 1/2 of the small flame (from the PB Press Stamp & Die set) onto a small piece of scrap cardstock This template helps to position the tiny flame die in place. I secure the die with low tack tape and die cut the flame.
 I punched a small hole in the right side of the candle for the small activator to turn off the light. Turning the card front over to the backside, I glue a small piece of yellow vellum over the flame. I lined up the candle light and created a double thick foam channel to slide the light into position. I removed the release paper and cover the channel with a piece of cardstock.  This channel allows the candle to slide into position and helps guide the air you blow at the candle light to extinguish the candle flame.
I framed out the card with The World's Best Foam Tape. I also creating a door opening in the pink card base allowing you to change the battery if needed.  I use a zero centered ruler and the blue pencil to mark the location for the hidden door. 
After die cutting the hidden door, I removed the release paper from the foam tape and centered the card front onto the card base.  I folded a small bit of washi tape over the bottom flap of the door for easy battery changing access.
I stamped the words "press here" in black ink over the candle''s on button.  I typed and printed out the sentiment "blow out your candle". It is ink blended it in pink ink and glued to the card front.

Make sure to visit my Instagram - @journeycoachjenn to see this card in action!

Thank you for stopping by to check out this fun Rabbit Hole Designs interactive blow out candle Birthday card. I hope you are inspired to create something lovely today!

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - https://journeycoachjenn.blogspot.com/  

 

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube








No comments:

Post a Comment