Pages

Caffeinated Cat with Maria



Good morning my crafty peeps!  Maria here on the blog with you today.  I am so excited to share with you my very first post as a design team member of the The Rabbit Hole Designs.  They have recently launched a couple of stamp sets and I ordered a few of them because I fell in love with the design.  

For my project today, I am showcasing the Caffeinated Cat 3x4 stamp set.   When I saw this stamp, I knew I just had to have it.  Honestly, what is not to love?  I adore cats, I love coffee and I love being a mom!  Okay to be honest I used to feel like this cat when my kids were little, haha! and I had a full-time job too!  I don't even know how I survived those days; I guess I had lots and lots of coffee!
Here's how I made the card:
  • Stamp the image on Neenah solar white card stock (or any card stock you have in  stock) with alcohol friendly ink.
  • Color the image with alcohol markers (or any coloring medium of your choice).
  • Either fussy-cut or die-cut the image using an electronic die-cutting machine. For mine, I used my Scan N Cut 2.
  • Die-cut a piece of Neenah solar white card stock using the wood/floors dies and ink it up with gathered twigs distress oxide ink to make it look like wooden panels.
  • Cut another piece of white card stock and use embossing folder to create the "wallpaper".
  • Adhere the floor, the moulding and the "wallpaper" on an A2 size card base.  Cut the excess.
  • Die-cut the little decorative frame and little bows on some colored card stock and stamp the sentiment and image on both. Adhere the frames with liquid glue.
  • Adhere the Caffeinated Cat image (ahem, star of the show!) in the middle of the card with foam adhesive to give it dimension.
  • Add the heart embellishment on the coffee cup.
  • Add Sparkling clear jewels and bow on the decorative frame to finish the design.

Everything about this cat just makes me giggle!   The tired look on her face, the bunny slippers and the robe!   I think we can all relate.  Here's a closer look:

trhdcaffeinatedcat1b

That cat wallpaper just added more cuteness to the whole design, don't you agree?  The mom cat looked tired but her house is spotless!

trhdcaffeinatedcat1c

What do you think of my card?  Does it make you want to have a cup of coffee?   You guys really need to grab this stamp set while you can.


For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places.



If you are looking for further details about my project including supplies used, I would be so grateful if you can stop by my blog today at:


I hope I have given you some inspiration to create something beautiful today.  Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!





13 comments:

  1. Such a super cute card and you really brought the whole "Mom Life" look alive with the portrayal of the cat in a home. As a mom I have had many mornings looking like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just discovered this company and I LOVE the stamps! So cute and they bring a Smile to my face.. Your card is AWESOME !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Terry. The stamps are just beautiful and high quality too! :-)

      Delete
  3. So much detail put into this card. The cat embossed background to look like wallpaper, the stamped photos on the wall and the heart on the cup! I love everything about this card. Welcome to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, love it! Some days I feel less Kelly her 😊

    ReplyDelete