Pages

Caffeinated Octopus by Martha Lucia

Hello crafty friends! Martha Lucia here, excited for been in this new team and so happy to share with you one of the Caffeinated stamp sets: Octopus!


This octopus is a cute image that can represent us in many ways like addicted to coffee and overwhelmed!

Let me share with you the process that I used to make this card. I started with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock and I randomly stamped the Octopus image over this layer using VersaMark Dazzle Ink. I love this ink because produce the tone-tone effect and also have a little of shimmer. I let the piece of card stock dry for a while because it is a pigment ink.

Then in a separate piece of very vanilla card stock I stamped again the Octopus but this time using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored the image with color pencils and using a partial die cutting technique, I cut the colored image with one of the dies included on the die cut set  Anastasia Tag Die by WPlus9.


To make more special this piece, I added at the lower part one strip of washi tape that I cut at the same time with the die tag and then stamped one of the sentiments included on the stamp set.

I pasted the tag temporary over the initial stamped layer card and past both pieces through my die cut machine with a Stitched Rectangle Die Cut. I pasted the crumb cake layer directly over a Blueberry Bushel card base and added the finalized tag with double sided foam tape.

If you would like further details on my technique and supplies used please hop over my Stampartpapel Blog and have a peek.

For my project I featured:

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places:


Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to let me know what do you think about my card and the Caffeinated Collection!


3 comments:

  1. Martha, your card is so me this morning! I especially love the added detail of the image stamped on the background layer.. but those curlers!!! #nailedit

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so fun and full of details. Love it!

    ReplyDelete