Pages

Have a Jolly Holly-Day!



Hello there. It's Lauren today sharing this winter night card that is full of prettily wrapped gifts. I used one of the images and a sentiment from the adorable Bunny Christmas Stamp set. 

To create my card, I first stamped my image onto a white cardstock panel that I cut to 4.25x5.5". 

Then, I colored the image using colored pencils.



Next, I colored the rest of the cardstock panel using Copic Markers in C7 first and then finished off with black colored pencil.


With the whole panel colored, I used a white gel pen and white acrylic paint pen to add white dots (stars) all around the bunny and gifts. 




When the white stars were dry, I trimmed the panel using a stitched rectangle die from my stash. and adhered the panel to a white, A2 sized (4.25x5.5") top folding card base. 

Next, I created my white embossed sentiment. First, I prepared my black cardstock using the Cottontail Embossing Powder Tool. I then stamped my sentiment using an embossing ink pad. I covered my stamped sentiment with white embossing powder, tapped off the excess, then heat set it.



I backed the sentiment with a slightly larger piece of white cardstock and then adhered the sentiment onto my card front. 




I love how the dark background really allows those colorful gifts to pop! I hope I've inspired you to try creating a dark background for your colored images. Thanks for visiting! 

Here are the links for The Rabbit Hole Designs products I used: 

Bunny Christmas 6x8 Stamp Set: Bunny Christmas 6x8 – The Rabbit Hole Designs







Thanks again for visiting. You can follow me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment