Pages

Holly-day Copper Tag/Ornament Tutorial using the 1 Line Holly stamp set

 

Hello my crafty friends!  I think you are going to like this fun holiday stamping project.  I'm featuring The Rabbit Hole Designs' 1 Line Holly stamp set along with the Mid Century Modern #2 layering stencil, using the small dotted layer stencil.

I got a set of copper dimpled tags from the dollar store. I removed one from the package and cut off the jute loop at the top. I removed the protective layers of plastic from each side of the tag.  
A - Using the MISTI stamp positioner and the corner magnet, I secured the tag into place in the corner of the MISTI. I initially thought I would heat emboss the image on the tag, so I treated it with the Cottontail Embossing Powder Tool.
B & C - I positioned The Rabbit Hole Designs' 1 Line Holly stamp on the tag and grabbed it with the MISTI lid.   I changed my mind and decided to use Forest Green Stazon ink to stamp the image.
D -  I removed the stamped tag from the MISTI and heat set the ink, so it was dry for the next steps.  I positioned the small dot stencil layer from the Mid Century Modern #2 stencil over the tag and daubbed a fluffy white modeling paste from my stash stenciling the dots on the left side of the stamped image. This gives the impression of falling snow.  I removed the stencil and heat set the modeling paste.
E -  I grabbed a few colors of acrylic paints in red, white, dark green, light green, yellow,  and black.  I placed a small dots of each color onto a mixing palette.  I used the red and white paint to color the berries.  
F & G - I painted the holly leaves mixing combinations of the two greens, yellow, and white to create a blended look.
H - I painted the narrow strip of copper to the right side of the holly with the black acrylic paint.  After the paint dried, I added a red and black checked ribbon to the top of the tag to complete the project..  
The Rabbit Hole Designs products


Thank you for stopping by to learn how to recreate this Holly-Day Copper Tag.i hope you create something lovely today!

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - http://www.journeycoachjenn.com/

 

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube










No comments:

Post a Comment