Pages

Masculine Holiday Holly Card

 


Hello! It's Lauren here sharing a slightly mixed media holiday card using the 1 Line Holly stamp set. This is a really versatile set for creating beautiful cards with.

To create this card, I started by adhering this Christmas music tissue paper that I had in my stash. You can also use any patterned tissue paper or plain tissue paper for a cleaner look. I then applied a thin layer of collage medium (you can use mod podge or also clear gesso) to a 4.25 x 5.5" piece of bristol smooth cardstock. I laid the tissue paper on top and then applied another thin layer of collage medium over top. It is ok to have the tissue paper crumple and/or fold when you apply it. Then I set it aside to dry.

When the panel was dry, I trimmed of any tissue paper that was hanging over the edges of the panel. Then I stamped my Holly Line and sentiment in black ink onto the panel. 


I used a heat gun to make sure my ink was dry before coloring it with metallic gold watercolor. 


Once the gold watercolor was dry. I trimmed the panel down slightly and adhered it onto a black panel measuring 4.23x5.48". Then adhered that onto a white top folding A2 (4.45x5.5") card base.


I really love how this turned out. I would make a great masculine card and would go through the mail easily.

I hope this has inspired you to give this technique a try with your 1 Line Holly stamp. Thanks for visiting! 

Here's a link to the 1 Line Holly Stamp set:
1 Line Holly 2x6 – The Rabbit Hole Designs

Thanks again for visiting. You can follow me here:


No comments:

Post a Comment