Pages

You're Tea-riffic! A quick Water Colored Card

 


Hello! Lauren here today to share this quick and easy, water colored card! This adorable bunny in a teapot image from the new Bunny Brew stamp set illustrated by Tatsiana Zayats makes a perfect focal point for an A2 (4.25x5.5") sized card! 

I am a beginner at water coloring, so I find it easier to do when my image has been heat embossed first. That way my colors stay put and don't run over the lines. 

First, I prepared my watercolor paper for embossing with the Cottontail Embossing Powder tool. This really cuts down on the amount of stray powder that can stick to the paper when untreated. I used to find watercolor paper particularly hard to emboss leaving me so frustrated. I now get excellent results when I use the tool first. 

I then inked and stamped my image using an embossing ink pad. I poured black embossing powder over the image and tapped the excess back into the container. I then heat set the powder using my heat tool. 

I then used watercolor brush markers to color my image. I used warm grays for the bunny. Soft peach for her nose and ears. The teapot was done in shades of yellow and peach for the heart and inside of the teapot. I used cool gray to create a shadow below the teapot. 


Once my image was dry, I die cut it out using a stitched scalloped rectangle die from my stash. I stamped my sentiment in black ink above and to the left of my image. 


I chose a paper from the Spring Floral 2 paper pack that coordinated well with the colors I used. Then I die cut it using the larger A2 sized stitched scalloped rectangle die. I adhered it onto a white A2 card base and then adhered the water colored image on top. 

That completes this quick and easy super cute water colored card. Thanks for visiting today! 

Here are the links to The Rabbit Hole Designs products I used to create this card:








For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places








No comments:

Post a Comment