Pages

Glow-in-the-Dark Cheshire Grin


Hello! The Cheshire Cat has always been one of my favorite Alice in Wonderland characters. He was mysterious, unique and oh so very cool! So, when I saw this image from the Wonderland 3 stamp set, illustrated by Dustin Pike, I knew I wanted to do a glow in the dark card!

I started out by stamping my Cheshire Cat onto white cardstock in black ink. I then colored him up using my colored pencils. 



I then stamped and fussy cut out a mask for him and covered my colored image so I could ink blend my background. 



I then used my Cottontail Blending brushed to blend Cracked Pistachio, Blueprint Sketch and Faded Jeans and then Black Soot Distress Oxide inks in a circle around my image. 





 I then carefully removed the mask and trimmed his torso off. I replaced the mask, just the head now, and softly ink blended Cracked Pistachio over his body. 





After all the ink blending was done, I hit the panel with my heat gun to dry the ink more quickly. I then prepared my paper for embossing using the Cottontail Embossing Powder tool to help reduce any stray embossing powder from sticking to my panel. Then I used an embossing pen to cover his teeth/smile with embossing ink. I covered his smile with glow-in-the-dark embossing powder and heat set it. 


Next, I prepped my paper again for embossing, stamped the sentiment using an embossing ink pad, covered it with the glow-in-the-dark embossing powder then heat set it.



Check out that glow-in-the-dark action!!

After embossing, I trimmed my panel down using a 4.25x5.5" wonky stitched rectangle die from my stash. I backed it with a colored cardstock that coordinated with the color of my cat then adhered it all onto a top folding A2 (4.25x5.5") card base.



I think this turned out so fun! I hope this inspires you to create a fun Alice inspired creation! 

Here are links to the sets I used to create this card: 





Thanks again for visiting. You can follow me here:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment