Pages

You're Another Year Younger - Wonderland Series

Hello crafty friends. With this being my birthday week, I thought I would share this fun light up un-birthday card created with the Wonderland series by The Rabbit Hole Designs.  I am using the Heard in Wonderland, Tea Party, and Wonderland 3 stamp sets along with the Rhombus/Diamond Hot Foil Coverplate.  The images are Illustrated by Dustin Pike. 
I started by letterpressing the Rhombus/Diamond Hot Foil Coverplate instead of foiling it.  This is achieved (in most machines) by placing the foil coverplate upright in your die cutting base plate, next place a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" 100 -110 lb cardstock on top of the foil coverplate,  add the squishy mat and lastly the top clear plate.   (NOTE: You may want to lightly spritz or slightly dampen the cardstock before placing it on to the foil coverplate so the paper fibers are more pliable).  Run the sandwich through your machine and you get this beautiful 3D result.
I cut the Rhombus letter pressed piece down to 4" x 5 1/4" to create a card front.  I use Olo alcohol markers to colored the party lantern image from the Tea Party 6x6 stamp set and cut out just the lantern swag.  I positioned it on top of the letterpress card front to pencil  a dot location where I wanted to punch holes to add one of the three wired EZ-Lights to.
You can see how I positioned and secured the three EZ-light and battery pack to the backside of the card using double thick adhesive foam strips.  I glued the swag ribbon part, and only the very top of the lanterns, to the top of the card front making sure to position the lantern over the light holes and lifting them slightly.
(NOTE: I positioned the EZ-light battery pack so the button would be in one of the diamond divits (or the indent area) when you turn the card front over to the top side.  I stamped "push here" using a stamp in my stash)
I removed the adhesive foam strip release paper and positioned the cardfront on to an A2 red card base.  I stamped and colored the mad tea drinker, from the Wonderland 3 stamp set, in colored pencils and die cut him out.  I stamp and fussy cut the unbirthday sentiment, from the Heard in Wonderland stamp set.
I glued these final two images on to the card front completing the card.

The Rabbit Hole Designs products used 



Thank you for taking the time to stop by to see today's blog. I hope you enjoyed learning how to recreate this fun light up unbirthday card and it inspires you to create something lovely.

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - http://www.journeycoachjenn.com/

 

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube

 


No comments:

Post a Comment