Pages

Booktroverted

Hello Crafty friends and fellow Book Lovers!  This post would have been done last night.  Except that truly I am one of the original Booktroverts and so, instead of writing my first ever blog post for our beloved TRHD I was in my bed...reading.   Until nearly 4 a.m.  (Seriously, though, it was just that book I needed to read.  Please tell me you know what I mean!) 

I'm hoping that if you love this stamp and sometimes can't put that book down, you are, perhaps, a little sympathetic and willing to read on?


This card is very simple to create: 

1.  Using the Book Lover stamp set, stamp the image in black ink.  

2. Mask the image 

3. Using a small acrylic stamp block and some gray archival ink, stamp Booktrovert in rows across, above, and below the image.  (Make sure you stagger the start of each line!)  

4.  Remove the mask and color -- I used my copics and a stardust glitter pen on the books' spines.  Don't forget a shadow at the bottom of your image to lightly ground it (I'm not a fan of "floating" images, so for me a shadow is a must).  

5. Cut down the top & bottom of your image and mount it on an A2 card base in a color you like (I'm into this pear-ish color at the moment, but since I have a rainbow of books, most colors work.) 

6. Pick your fave sentiment from the set, stamp it black on white card and pop it onto a simple shape in the color of your base card and--for a little extra oomph--pop up that sentiment shape with a bit of foam tape.  You're done!  (Now you can go back to your book!)

    I hope you've enjoyed this post and appreciate the time you've spent here with me today.  You can also find me on IG, FB, on my blog (occasionally!), and  even on YouTube every once in a while.   

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube

See you soon!

Essie 

https://www.instagram.com/escards/

https://www.facebook.com/essie.cards.5/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOn2Ek96271Vo3Z_fcEz1bg

https://essiemakescards.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment