Pages

Merry & Bright New Year

 Hello and welcome back to the blog; it's Rick back with you again today sharing another card for a little festive inspiration.  Since the New Year is only a few days away I wanted to share an idea with you using a holiday stamp set that I am sure many of you have picked up from the Rabbit Hole this year.    Today my card features the Poinsettia & Pinecones Stamp Set designed by Kelly Taylor.  


Poinsettia & Pinecone New Year Card by Rick Adkins

I wanted to take the poinsettia from the stamp set and add a little glamor to it by using some Pearl White Stencil Butter that can be picked up right here on the website.  I ran it through the Cat Eye Stencil on a piece of black cardstock.   I then added it to a silver cardstock mat and to the card base.  This dresses up the card base and makes it more of a new year card than a holiday card.  I then stamped and heat embossed the large poinsettia also on black cardstock; and colored it in different shades of blue colored pencils.  

Poinsettia & Pinecones New Year Card by Rick Adkins

By doing these few simple things I took the Christmas card and make it into a new year card.  The sentiment Merry and bright can totally go for not only Christmas but also new year as well.  Just make sure you add a fabulous new year sentiment to the inside in your personal message and your golden.  By changing up your color scheme and adding a little more glitz to your cards you can totally take a holiday set and make it into a new year set or change up the sentiment and make it a birthday card as well.  Thanks for dropping by today I hope that you all have a safe and happy new year.  And I will see you again real soon. 

Stay Crafty 

Rick 

No comments:

Post a Comment