Pages

Nothing Like a Rainbow of Presents

 Hello and welcome back to the blog; It's Rick back with you again today and I am sharing one of the first cards that I designed as a member of the Rabbit Hole Designs Design Team.  For this card I created a rainbow wreath of presents using the present image from the Baby's 1st Christmas Stamp Set designed for Agota Pop for the Rabbit Hole Designs.  

rainbow wreath christmas card by rick adkins 2


With this card design I started out my stamping and masking each set of the presents to create the wreath.  And no even with an art degree I can not draw a straight line or a perfect circle without help.  So, circle die to the rescue.  I just traced the outline of the circle to know where to line up each set of the presents.  Then I did some rainbow ink blending over the entire thing and added some shading to each set with coordinating colored pencils.  Then I added a simple outline to the wreath with a cool gray alcohol marker.  Easy peasy!  


rainbow wreath christmas card by rick adkins

To finish off the card i added the sentiment by masking off the christmas from the stamp set and heat embossing it with white embossing powder and added the Happy Scripty Word and Shadow Die to finish it off.  

I hope that you have a wonderful day and a fabulous weekend.  

Happy Stamping and crafting 

Rick 

No comments:

Post a Comment