Pages

Snowy Night Scene - Penguining Stamp Set

Hello crafty friends and welcome back to the blog; it's Rick back with you again today to share a little more inspiration with you.  Today I am sharing a fun night scene card that I created using the Penguining Stamp Set illustrated by Tatsiana Zayats for the Rabbit Hole Designs.  I started this snowy night scene out by stamping the adorable penguins in embossing ink onto a piece of black cardstock.  I then covered them in white embossing powder and heat set.  After that was done I cut masks for each penguin and masked them off.   

Night Scene Card with the Penguining Stamp Set by Rick Adkins

I then took the Cat Eye Stencil and turned it on it's side and die a little ink blending with a hybrid ink in three or four different colors.  I did the ink blending very lightly so that it would look like the northern lights.  I then colored my penguins with some colored pencils and added some snow mounds in the background along with some snow falling and some trees covered in snow. 


Night Scene Card with the Penguining Stamp Set by Rick Adkins

 Remember when you are adding snow to your cards make sure to go over your stamped designs.  Snow in nature doesn't fall around things so you have to go over them to make it look realistic.  I hope that you have a wonderful day and I will see you soon. 

Stay Crafty 

Rick 

No comments:

Post a Comment