Pages

Caffeine Makes me Sparkle

Good morning Rabbit Hole Fans and welcome back to the blog!
I hope you've enjoyed seeing all of the fabulous
projects the design team has been sharing over the 
past few days using the new release stamps!
Stay tuned because there's lots more fun coming your way
in the coming months!

It's Lisa here today and for my first guest designer post
for this month I want to share a fun and flirty Flamingo
card using the brand new Caffeinated Flamingo stamp set!


One of my favorite types of card to make is a shaker card.
The best part is picking out all of the shaker guts to 
match the theme of the card.
I thought the pink and green color palette would look great
with the Caffeinated Flamingo stamp so I picked out
Cracked Pistachio and Raspberry Distress Inks to get started.

The first step was to blend the two colors onto some smooth card stock,
pink at the top and green on the bottom.
I sprinkled some water droplets on the panel and dried them for
a more interesting look. 
Since I wanted the background to sparkle 
I heat embossed some stars in silver over the pink to 
really shine.


The next step was to use some rectangle zig zag dies to cut out a frame.
I used the inside of the frame for the base of the card and I made 
a shaker window out of the leftover frame.
I chose some pink, green and silver shaker bits for the guts and
glued my frame down over the mix.
For my sentiment I used the stamp
"Caffeine makes me sparkle" from the
Caffeinated Unicorn stamp set.
I stamped it onto a banner die cut with
Picked Raspberry ink and added some fun silver stars.

I watercolored my tired Flamingo with my Zig markers and 
made sure to add some of those silver stars to her 
 and her coffee cup!



I just love how this card came out and the bright
colors just make me happy, not to mention
the fun sound it makes when you shake it!

Thanks so much for joining me today on 
The Rabbit Hole blog! Make sure you check out all of the 
new release stamps in the shop that are available now!

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these links.

Have a great day, I already am!

🌺Lisa 🌺


6 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is so much fun! I'm going to share it in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! It was lots of fun to make.

      Delete
  2. Such a darling shaker! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMW I love sparkle, I mean I think my veins are filled with glittery coffee..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a HAPPY card with all the bright colors and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you split the background, so fun!

    ReplyDelete