Pages

Egg Hunt with Easter Bounty


Hey crafty friends, it's Amanda and today I've got a really fun card for you. Have you seen the new Easter Bounty stamp set yet? It's got a pair of adorable bunnies and a bunch of Easter eggs to use for building a scene. I thought it would be fun to build my scene in 3D on top of an Easter basket box card.

I started by stamping and embossing my bunnies and eggs. I knew the back of my images would be visible, so I didn't want to use Copic markers to color them, as they bleed through. I also wanted soft colors for spring. So I grabbed my water-based markers and a blender pen to color them in. Instead of coloring directly on the paper, I scribbled color onto an acrylic block and picked it up with my blender pen. This allowed me to watercolor the images and get a nice variation in color for highlights and shading.  Once my images were colored and dry, I cut them out with my ScanNCut.
 
I knew that I wanted to add a lot of flowers to the scene as well, so I pulled out some tiny dimensional paper flowers from my stash. They started out white, but I sprayed them with some diluted liquid watercolors to turn them pink and coral. Next I die cut the pieces for my box, the grass struts, some greenery to glue the flowers to, and the pieces for the banner. To decorate the front of the basket, I cut thin strips of pastel cardstock and weaved them in.

Before I assembled the box, I stamped a sentiment from the Easter Bounty set on the back panel. Then I glued the box pieces together, adding the handle and grass struts. I assembled my banner and wrote "egg hunt" on the pennants, then I glued it to the handle. I tucked the bunnies and eggs in place and adhered them with glue or foam tape, for extra dimension. Then I glued the flowers and greenery in place to fill up the scene, but not hide my stamped images. As a finishing touch, I popped an egg up with foam tape on the back, near my sentiment.

I love how this card turned out! From every angle you can see something new. Plus, it folds flat and fits into an A6 envelope; perfect for mailing. I don't usually mail out many Easter cards, but there are a few special people on my list that I try to let know I'm thinking of them. Who will you be sending cards to this spring? Anyone egg-stra special? Let me know in the comments below and thanks for hopping by!

5 comments: