Pages

ZomBEE with Katie

Happy Tuesday!  My week started out great and I hope yours did too!  

Today I am sharing a card featuring the Caffeinated Bee set. 


I know, it is a little about of season, but I think it is perfect setting for this ZomBEE.  Here is another view. 



Here is what I did: 
  • I started by coloring my bee with Copics make him look like a Zombee.  I colored the wings and coffee using a gold gel pen.  I cut him out and set him aside to work on my background. 
  • I used various purple distress inks with my blending brushes to create the background.  you might see the subtle sunbeams from a stencil in the purple as well.  I did come in a with a little green and hexagon, but decided I didn't like it so immediately stopped.  I spritzed the background with water to make it splotchy.  I came in again with yellow distress ink and the sunbeam to set the spot for the bee. 
  • I die cut this spooky foreground scene and put it on the background and then die cut them both with a deckle edge die.  I did the same with a darker purple layer to put behind this layer.  
  • I stamped the bee on the background and then placed my colored bee on top using dimensionals.  I added little pearls for the antenna. 
  • I stamped the sentiment from the Caffeinated Dino set on the purple layer.
  • I placed my layers together over the black CS.  
Here is one more pic of the bee close up. 



I hope you like my card today. 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places.



If you are looking for further details about my project including supplies used, please visit my blog- KBStamps

Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!




2 comments:

  1. A ZomBEE LOL!! This is too much fun Katie, I just love his sleepy eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa, you are always so sweet!

    ReplyDelete