Pages

A Happy Happy Happy Birthday! - Foiled Shaker Card

Hello my crafty friends and welcome to today's The Rabbit Hole Designs blog.  I am sharing this Happy Birthday Foiled shaker card.

I am using the Happy stamp set, the Birthday Foil Plate, and the Birthday Die set to create today's card.
A - I stamped the Happy stamp in light, medium  and dark blue inks on a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" baby blue cardstock living a 2" blank space to the right of the card front. The word is stamped 3 times, verigated, and in 4 sections
B -  Using a piece of heat resistant acetate and my Glimmer Hot Foil Machine, I foiled the word Birthday in blue foil.  It came out beautifully!
C - I die cut the Birthday outline die from the right side of the card front, placing it vertical to the  horizontal stampped Happy-s.  I secured the foiled Birthday acetate window to the backside of the cardfront in the Window outline with adhesive tape and glue. On the backside of the card front, I framed out the Birthday window with double-sided foam adhesive tape.  I also frame out the remainder of the card back with the adhesive foam tape.  I filled the pocket of the Birthday well with fun candy like sprinkles.  I removed the release paper and attached a light lemon A2 card front.  The word Birthday is readable and the words Happy are now horizontal
D - I decided  to add a yellow bow around the top of the card, so I added a small slit in the crease of card base to thread the ribbon through so it could be tied in the front.


I hope you enjoyed this step tutorial.  Did you notice anything interesting in photo step "B"?  ...I foiled my foil plate!!!  LOL!  Yep!  I set the foil down shiny side up.  Oops!  It happens and it did not damage my Birthday Foil Plate.  I still was able to foil the heat resistant acetate with no issues.  I hope you got a chuckle out of that #truestory!  

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - http://www.journeycoachjenn.com/

 

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube

 

No comments:

Post a Comment