Pages

Thanks a Bunch!



Hi! Lauren here to share a fun slimline card using the balloon stamp from the newly released Balloon Party stamp set illustrated by Tatsiana Zayats. This is such a beautiful and fun stamp set to color. I love the balloons included in the set and was inspired to make a whole big bunch of balloons kind of like the bunches that they have at theme parks. 


I started out by using the balloon stamp to create a few masks and to stamp the bottom of a white slimline sized (3.5x8.5) cardstock panel. I made sure to mask off the balloons I had stamped on the panel when I added more next to them. 





When I felt I had stamped enough balloons at the bottom of the panel, I stamped a trio floating above my big bunch. Then I stamped the strings to them.






With the balloons all stamped, I colored them in the colors of the rainbow using my colored pencils. Then I trimmed the panel using a stitched slimline die from my stash. 






I then die cut the word "Thanks" using the Thanks-Scripty Word with Shadow Dies from white cardstock. Then I ink blended a matching orange ink onto the word (you could use a coordinating orange card stock. I didn't have the shade I needed). 




Next, I used the Cottontail embossing powder tool to prepare black cardstock for heat embossing. Then stamped my sentiment onto the prepped cardstock using embossing ink and heat set it white embossing powder on.
 



 I used a ruler to line up my sentiments so that they would be straight, then I adhered them onto my panel.





The last step was to adhere my panel onto a white slimline card base measuring 3.5"x8.5".

I am really pleased with how fun this card turned out. I love how colorful all the balloons are. I hope this card inspires you to create your own bunch of balloons with this great new set! Thanks for visiting!

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these awesome places! 

 













No comments:

Post a Comment