Pages

I like you... and naps! Spring Kitty card with stenciling tutorial

Hello my crafty friends!  Welcome to today's Blog for The Rabbit Hole Designs.  This is a warm and fuzzy card featuring the Spring Kitty stamp set, Garden Trellis stencil, and both Niccole Upper and Lowercase Alpha die sets.  I imagine this sleeping kitty on a warm tile floor basking in a patch of sunshine.

Here is how I created the card:
To create the background, I used Pixie Spray to temporarily hold the Garden Trellis stencil in place on a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" white cardstock.  You see the stencil is positioned on an angle. I started with yellow ink and a Bitty Bunny Blending Brush in the middle of each flower shape.  I used blue ink and a Bitty Bunny Blending Brush to shade the tiles around the yellow flowers and the small circle. After completing the stenciling, I added a few flicks of water to the tile background to distress the image.
The Spring Kitty is colored to look like a Siamese cat with alcohol markers.  I fussy cut the sleeping kitty image. (Spring Kitty is one of the illustrations by Tatsiana Zayats)
To create the sentiment, I am using the Niccole Upper and Lowercase Alpha dies to die cut and spell our "I like you & naps" from blue cardstock.  I positioned the kitty on the lower right corner of the card. I use my Make Art  board with the magnetic ruler to line up and glue down the letters.   The card front is added to a light blue A2 card base.

TRHD Products used

Thank you for checking out today's blog! I hope you are inspired to create and perhaps get in a lovely cat nap today!

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - http://www.journeycoachjenn.com/

 

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube




No comments:

Post a Comment