Pages

Monochromatic Chubby Unicorn

 


Hiya! It's Lauren on the blog today with this fun monochromatic masculine card using the new Chainmail stencil and Caffeinated Rhino stamp set. This rhino looks exactly like my husband in the morning except my husband has brown eyes!

To create the stenciled chainmail background, I blended Black Soot distressed oxide ink onto a silver shimmer cardstock panel (A2 sized). I trimmed it a bit so it was just under 4.25x5.5, adhered it to a dark grey A2 sized background then mounted that onto an A2 top folding card base.



Then using black ink, I stamped the rhino onto gray cardstock. I colored him using Prismacolor pencils then fussy cut him out ( the coordinating die is now available!).
The colors I used were:
Rhino: French Grey, 10%, 20% and 50%
Boxers: White, and Lemon Yellow
Mug: White
Eye: White, Blue Denim, Cerulean Blue, Indigo blue





After coloring the boxers, I used my Versamark pen to go over each star and covered them with glow-in-the-dark embossing powder. Then I heat set the powder. Then I placed him onto the card using double sided foam tape.


Using black ink, I stamped the sentiment onto the same silver shimmer paper. Then trimmed it using a rectangular die and adhered it onto a dark grey stitched banner I had cut out. I adhered it onto the card above the rhino. To give the card a more polished look, I placed a silver self adhesive "rivet" onto the banner before and after the sentiment.


That completes my card. I hope you enjoy my chubby unicorn. Thanks for visiting!

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these fantastic places! 

No comments:

Post a Comment