Pages

Santa's Favorite Cookie

 

Hello! Lauren here with a cute Christmas in July card featuring the new Christmas Sweets stamp set. I love all the different things you can do with this set. My card has a plate of cookies for Santa! I think he's had a bite!

I started out this card by stamping the dove cookie using no line/fade out ink onto white cardstock. I then colored them up using colored pencils. After I had colored them, I fussy cut them out.

I then created a plate by die cutting a circle using a circle die from my stash. I then created a shadow of the rim on the inside of the plate by tracing around the border of a smaller die. I also die cut 2 smaller circles and adhered them to the bottom of the plate. This will raise the plate off the card base. Then I adhered the cookies onto the plate. I tore one of the cookies and added "crumbs" from the part I tore off. 


Next, I picked out a Christmas patterned paper and trimmed it to 4.25 x 5.5" and then adhered it to a top folding 4.25 x 5.5" (A2 sized) card base. 

Then, I die cut out a stitched banner using a die from my stash and stamped my sentiment on it in black ink.

I adhered the plate of cookies, the sentiment banner, and the last cookie onto the card base to complete the card. 

This card reminds me of our tradition of putting treats out for Santa every Christmas Eve. So magical to come downstairs Christmas morning and find he has enjoyed his snack! I hope you enjoyed this card and it gives you some inspiration to try your own Christmas cookie card. 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these awesome places! 



Thank you so much for stopping by!







No comments:

Post a Comment