Pages

Looking Back on a Favorite - Snail Mail




Hi everyone. Lauren here. This month we are taking a look back at some of our personal favorite cards we have created this past year. This cute card featuring the Snail Mail Flower stamp set is one of my favorites because it was the first actual card that I made using a gel press. I was so tickled by how this turned out!

I started out with an A2 (5.5x4.25) sized white cardstock panel and a small round Gel Press plate. Hold on...don't let the gel plate scare you! They are so fun AND easy to use!!


Onto the gel press, I smooshed Kitsch Flamingo, Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink. I used a small brayer to gently and lightly smooth any sharp lines in the ink.



Then, I laid the new Amanda, leaf stencil on top of the ink and carefully pressed it down with my fingers making sure that the stencil was making contact with the whole gel press. I lifted off the stencil and laid my white cardstock panel over top of the inked gel press. I rubbed back of the paper to make sure the paper was in full contact. Then I slowly lifted the panel off.



I let the ink on the panel dry then stamped the snail using Versamark Onyx Black ink. I also stamped the small "Hi" sentiment from the Miss you Space set because I think that's what the little snail is thinking!


To finish my card, I trimmed the panel using a wonky stitched rectangle die from my stash. Then, I backed it with a pink A2 cardstock panel and adhered it to a top folding card base!


I hope you like my sweet snail mail card and that it inspires you to give this technique a try!

Thanks for visiting!





1 comment: