Pages

Crisp Autumn Air

 Hello!  Erin here sharing a card I made using the Fall Foxes stamp set from The Rabbit Hole Designs. I'm still enjoying fall but the leaves are starting to come down rapidly and I know that winter will be hitting where I live before I'm ready for it!  


I started working on this card by choosing the fox wearing a scarf image from the stamp set and colored it with pencils.  I cut it out using the coordinating die set.

For the background, I stamped the Falling Leaves stamp set in green.  I cut a circle so the green card base would show through the but I thought it still needed a little framing.  So I cut a smaller circle in some darker green card stock and used it as a frame or border around the circle.  I decided to use the same dark green to heat emboss the sentiment.  I accidentally grabbed clear embossing powder instead of white the first time I stamped and embossed the sentiment.  I actually liked how it looked so I am going to keep it but I still wanted to use white for this card.  Now I have an extra embossed sentiment to keep with this stamp set for future cards. And of course I used my Cottontail Embossing Powder tool! It works so well to leave the paper static free and helps me get a nice, crisp embossed image.
After I remade the sentiment with white embossing powder, I trimmed it down using my paper trimmer.  At that point, everything was ready to assemble.  For a little dimension, I used foam tape to attach the fox and the sentiment strip.



Lastly, I added my personalized stamp and added stamped some leaves from the stamp set onto an envelope.  I don't always make coordinating envelopes but sometimes they are fun to have. 





For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places:

No comments:

Post a Comment