Pages

Faux Embossed Poinsettia & Pinecones Card

 Hello and welcome back to The Rabbit Hole Designs Blog.  It's Rick here with you again today for another fun card making adventure.  Today I am sharing a card with the Faux Embossing technique using the Poinsettia & Pinecones Stamp Set and the Poinsettia & Pinecones Dies (which is the star of my card today).   This fabulous stamp set was designed by Kelly Taylor or Kelly Taylor Cards.  

Pinecone Faux Embossed card by Rick Adkins


So, you may be wondering what in the world is faux embossing.  Well, it's a simple technique where you take die cuts and attach them to the card front.  But, you want to do the die cuts in the same color as your card front.  When you glue them down to the card front it gives the illusion off an embossed background.  I used the single poinsettia die from the Poinsettia & Pinecones Dies to cut out the shape from some Kraft colored cardstock.  I then simply glued them onto my Kraft cardstock panel and used a little brown ink to glaze over them with one of my CottonTail Blending Brushes loaded with a little ink.  

Pinecone Swag card by Rick Adkins

To finish off the card I added the pinecone swag colored with a few colored pencils and the sentiment heat embossed with white embossing powder and I cut out everything with the Poinsettia & Pinecones Dies before adhering it to the card base.  
 
Thanks for dropping by today and I hope that you found a little bit of inspiration with my card today.  

You can find me on the following Social Media Channels with more crafty inspiration: 
I hope that you have a crafty day.  For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places.  

Have a crafty day!
Rick 

No comments:

Post a Comment