Pages

Mousemas Globe


Hello again, it's Amanda from Pear Blossom Press, back with another fun Christmas card! Recently, I went to the post office to mail a card I'd made. It was a little chunky with several layers of foam tape. It turned out, my card was so thick, the lady told me it was actually a package. And it cost $4 to mail it!!! In an effort to avoid high postage costs, I decided to put my cards on a diet this winter. (If my cards are on a diet, can I say I've kicked off the obligatory diet resolution early?) 

For today's card, I wanted to try out a flat shaker. Instead of a traditional shaker that has foam tape between the front window and the back of the card, a flat shaker is just a clear plastic pocket with a small amount of filler. Since there isn't a lot of space between the front and back, the filler should be fairly flat too (like glitter or sand), and it won't be able to move as freely as it would in a regular shaker. 

To start, I stamped, embossed, and Copic colored an adorable mouse from Merry Mousemas. Then, I trimmed it to fit behind a silver die cut snow globe. To make the shaker pocket, I traced along the inside edge of my die with a Fuse Tool on an empty cellophane package, leaving an opening at the bottom. Then, I added a few pinches of glitter and sealed it up.


I sandwiched the glitter pouch between the stamped image and the silver cutout. Fully assembled, it is only as thick as two pieces of cardstock. 

I stenciled snowflakes from the Light Me Up Stencil onto a pink card base. Then it was time to stick the snow globe to the card. Now, since I made it flat on purpose, you'd think I would have glued it down flat to the card, right? Well, it just felt a little too plain. So I popped it up with a layer of foam tape. (Lol, and now I'm cheating on another diet...) It's still thinner than some shaker cards I've made. And to be honest, it would have been very difficult to get a foam layer thin enough to hide under the silver edge of the globe. 



Have you ever made a flat shaker before? Let me know in the comments below. If you'd like to see another card featuring the Merry Mousemas Stamp Set, check this out. You can find more inspiration and links to the specific products I used on my blog. Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back soon with another fun card.

No comments:

Post a Comment