Pages

One Set Wonder - Christmas Frost


Hey crafty friend, it's Amanda from Pear Blossom Press again! It's getting to be the time of year where we have to stretch our crafty pennies, so we can afford all of the gifts and goodies we want to share for the holidays. I thought it would be nice to show you an idea for a Christmas card that is not only quick and easy to recreate, but only uses one stamp set! Just because it's quick and easy doesn't mean that it has to be boring though, right? There's an Action Wobbler under the image, so this card is fun to play with too! See...



For this card, I stamped, embossed, and Copic colored the couple from Love You More - Christmas Frost. I used my ScanNCut to cut the image out, but there are coordinating dies available if you prefer. My background was ink blended directly onto a white card base. I just taped off strips and used makeup brushes to blend on several shades of distress oxide inks. Once the background was dry, I stamped and embossed the sentiment on the left side and popped the image up with a Mini Action Wobbler. To finish the card, I glued sequins on, and added Aqua Shimmer highlights, plus a coat of Diamond Glaze, to his glasses and the star. After the Diamond Glaze was dry, I added white reflections to the glasses, star, and top of the tree. Easy peasy, and fast!

If you have children that like to craft with you, it would be sweet to let the kids color the images while you ink blend the backgrounds. That way the whole family gets to help! I don't know about you, but I cherish the cards I've received that were obviously made by children. Don't forget to have them sign the backs too!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope I've inspired you to create a few one-set-wonder cards yourself! If you'd like to see more inspiration using this stamp set, you might like this article, or this one. You can also find the sister article to this post on my blog today, with links to the specific products I used. I'll be back soon with another fun card to share.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card! love your pretty coloring and the fun details on your card, like the Diamond Glaze on the glasses and the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete