Pages

Cupid -FND a slimline card


Hello my crafty friends!  Welcome to today's The Rabbit Hole Designs blog!  So a question for you...  Is it Galantine's or Valentine's Day?  Well, either way you look at it, that little cherub is so FND. That is Fat, Naked and Dangerous! So let's put him on a slimline card, right?

My Cupid -FND slimline card features The Rabbit Hole Designs' new Valentine stencil, the Sassy Anti Valentine stamp set and the soon to be retired Marquee Words stamps set

This is one of those cards where you see it in your mind, try it out, change your mind midway thought, and start over.  Sometimes this is the process when you create - trying by trying and learning as we makers make! 
  

I started off with a piece of 3 1/4" x 8 1/4" pink cardstock.  I stamped the word LOVE, from the Marquee Words stamp set in clear pigment ink 7 times  straight down the card front.  This gives the large letters a subtle shadow of the sentiment for the background.  I placed the three striped hearts on the Valentine stencil on the front of the card front about 1/2' below the top of the card front.  Using a Cotton Tail Blending Brush, I started to stencil it with Honeysuckle Ink.  Once I removed the stencil to reveal the image, I found it to be far too much pink.  I used my heat gun to make sure the ink was dry.  I replaced the stencil over the pink heart stripes and re-stenciled the three hearts in Black Soot Distress Oxide ink.   


Much better!  I needed one more black striped heart, so I positioned the striped heart stencil to add a 4th small striped heart at the bottom of the slimline card front. 


 Chubby cupid, from the Sassy Anti Valentine stamp set, is stamped on white cardstock with Versa Mark clear pigment ink and heat embossed with red glittery Oriental Fire embossing powder.  He is fussy cut and added to the card front. I layered the card front on a piece of red cardstock and tied it with some black twine.


I stamped and added the Fat, Naked and Dangerous  sentiment from the Sassy Anti Valentine stamps set and  attached it to the black twine. I mounted the card front on a dark grey slimline card base and added three black gemstone to finish the card.







Thanks you so much for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed this Cupid -FND slimline card featuring The Rabbit Hole Designs' new Valentine stencil, the Sassy Anti Valentine stamp set and the soon to be retired Marquee Words stamps set.  Feel free to ask any question or leave a comment below.


Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - http://www.journeycoachjenn.com/

 

 

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube

 


No comments:

Post a Comment