Pages

Sketched Love Bunnies

 


Hi everyone! It's Lauren on the blog today sharing my easy pull tab Valentine card. The sketched look of the new Je t'aime stamp set gave me the idea to create this black and white "chalk on a blackboard" looking pull card. This is an easy interactive card to make that you do not need any special tools or dies for.


I started out by stamping the bunny couple onto an A2 (5.5x4.25) black cardstock panel using white ink. Then onto white cardstock, I inked the word LOVE from the new Valentine stencil using Fired Brick then Candied Apple distress oxide inks. Using an acrylic block and the straight tines on my glass mat, I traced then cut with scissors the shape of the hidden pull panel.  






After the Love shape pull part was complete, I cut a slit on the black panel above the bunnies using a ruler and xacto knife on my cutting mat. I cut it centimeter (cm) longer than the word love. My word measured 10cm so I cut an 11cm long slit. I put a small pencil dot to mark the center of the panel (7cm mark). I then lined up the 6.5cm mark of my ruler with the pencil dot and made my 11cm long cut. I trimmed the black panel smaller so that a white border of the card base would show and fit the pull panel through the slit in the panel. 



I stamped a bunch of the hearts included in the kit all over the black panel in white. Then 2 hearts on the white pull tab using black ink.

Next, on the back of the black panel I placed double sided foam tape right under the bottom to create a stop. Also along the sides to as guides so that it slides up straight. Then I added more foam tape over the back of the panel. 



Lastly, I peeled off the foam tape backing and placed the panel onto the white card base. I hope you enjoy this simple interactive card and give it a try. Thanks for visiting! 

Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment