Pages

Spooky Front Porch Card



Hello my crafty friend, it's Amanda from Pear Blossom Press again! Now that fall is here, I wanted to revisit the Front Porch Card I made over the summer and give it a Halloween makeover. This time I added lights too! Take a look at it in action...



For the spooky version of the card, I switched up the colors and decorative elements. You can see the original card and how to build the frame here. Instead of a white house, I colored it in shades of grey with Copic Markers. This time around, I kept the cutouts from the door panels and taped them back in place. I added a spooky fence in front of the pillars and swapped the flowers and stars for a jack-o-lantern and bats from the Hex Yeah stamp set. Instead of the kissing couple behind the doors, I've got the Caffeinated Spider swinging from a piece of thread. Notice she's holding candy where her coffee mugs usually are. I just masked off the mugs on the stamp before stamping, then stamped candy in their places, and used a Copic liner to connect the legs lines. I embossed boo and push here onto a die cut banner and tucked it behind the pumpkin.

This card has three different interactive elements to it. First, the doors open. The Impresslit I used both cuts the doors, and embosses the stone pattern around them. So all of the work is done with one pass in the Big Shot. The second interactive element is light! I used one of my EZ-Lights and taped the battery to the back of the bottom step (with the switch lined up under the push here stamp). Then, I simply punched a hole through the step, threaded one of the lights through, and taped it in place behind the pumpkin. I taped the other two lights above the center of the doors to light up the spider and her web. The last interactive element is the swinging spider. To do this, I just taped a piece of thread to the back of her, then sandwiched the top of the thread between two layers of foam tape. By using a double layer of foam tape all the way around the back side of the porch piece, it left her plenty of room to swing, and room for the light to bounce around.



I love how this one turned out! In fact, this card actually inspired the first card, even though it hadn't been made yet. Being on The Rabbit Hole Design's design team, I knew the jack-o-lantern stamps were coming and that got me thinking about creating a front porch to put them on. Since it was early summer, and I had been searching for porch decor on Pinterest, my feed was full of great ideas for summery porch scenes. That's when I realized this card base could be adapted to any season. (I already have a Christmas card in mind.) What kind of scene would you make?

You can find the sister article to this post on my blog today, along with links to the specific products I used. Soon, you'll be able to find my EZ-Lights here at The Rabbit Hole Designs. Until then, you can find them here. Be sure to pick up these items to recreate today's card...

Hex Yeah
Boo to You
Caffeinated Spider (available September 30th)
Liquid Pixie Dust
Diamond Glaze

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be back soon with more fun cards to share!

2 comments: