Pages

Wishing you a Spooky National Coffee Day!

Hey everyone!  Shanna here today with a card featuring the ever so creepy Caffeinated Spider!  EEEEeeep!


I loathe spider in real life, they are truly creepy!!  BUT!  This guy I can tolerate, and actually kinda love him!  He is pretty darn cute, even if he has the whole spider-thing against him.

I decided to no line color him using my Zig markers, and am pretty happy with how he turned out!  I fussy cut him and then set him aside while I made up my background.


I went all sorts of colorful on my ink blending this time, using Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Barn House, Seedless Preserves, and Chipped Sapphire all layered and blended from the bottom up.  Soooo much fun!  Next I grabbed a stencil from my stash and my Gina K Glitter Gel in Black.  I love all the glitz!!

After it was dry, I trimmed it down to 3.75x5" and then die cut a frame to lay over it.  I glued a bead to the back of my spider and ran a piece of metallic thread for his *web* the full length of the card.  I sandwiched the thread in between 2 layers of foam tape and the frame, making sure to string my spider on it as well.   Adhered the stenciled panel and the frame to a card base and voila!!  I have a dancing spider card!!  I don't do a lot of interactive cards, but I do love this one!!  Here is a quick video of it in action...(mind you, videos are definitely NOT my forte right now LOL)






That wraps up my post for today, I will be back next week for another trip down The Rabbit Hole!  Until then you can find me over on my blog, Caffeinated Craftiness or over on Instagram!  
-Shanna

For even more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these links.

1 comment:

  1. I would hope that you guys celebrate National coffee day considering the amazing little caffeine junkies you have as stamps and customers! Xox

    ReplyDelete