Pages

Drunken Goat Anti Valentine - Gel Press Tips


Hello my crafty friends! today I am on The Rabbit Hole Designs Blog sharing my Anti Valentine Drunken Goat Card. This card features the Caffeinated Goat and Sassy Sentiments-Anti Valentine stamps sets.  The back ground is created using a gel plate and the coffee mug has be replace with a bottle of... well you can read the sentiment 😂😂😂

If you have not used a Gel Press/plate it is a lot of fun and can be a tad messy, but then again, creativity is not clean.  

A - a gel plate is a solid jelly like plate.   They comes in various sizes.  I am using a 5" x 7" gel plate. You add pigment to the plate (inks, re-inkers, paints, etc...)  and  pull a print from it with a brayer and paper.   You will notice the press is stained, not to worry,  pigments will stain it, but that will not affect the prints you pull.
B - the second gel plate I used has raised heart images
C - I tapped out a yellow, pink, and berry hybrid in in a random pattern on the gel plate
D - I take my soft brayer and roll it over the gel plate blending the inks together and then placed the heart gel plate (heart side down) on top of the inked gel plate, gave it a gentle rub and then lifted it off.  I set the heart plate off to the side as we will be using it in a moment.


A - I place a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" white cardstock on top of the gel plate
B - I added a piece of copy paper on top of the cardstock and gel plate creating a sandwich and keep the back of my card front clean
C - I used the brayer to roll even pressure over the sandwiched paper.  You will see the ink from the brayer  is coming off on the copy paper
D - As the paper is lifted it exposes the background image of hearts
A - We get a second print from the heart gel plate.  I set the heart gel plate down heart side up (the ink is on the hearts from earlier)
B - I added another piece of 4" x 5 1/4" white cardstock on top of the heart gel plate and covered it with a piece of copy paper
C - After rolling it with the brayer, I pulled the print
D - Here you see both pulled prints next to each other.  I chose to use the print pulled from the heart plate for my card.
A - I created a heart stencil using a plastic grid template and one of my heart dies.  I centered it on the heart card front
B - I stenciled the heart in a berry oxide ink
C - I added water droplets to the stenciled heart
D - Using my heat gun to dry the droplets created a distressed heart


A - I blended the outer edges of the card front with a subtle pink oxide ink
B -  Using my stamp positioner, I stamped my Sassy Sentiments - Anti Valentine poem in the upper right part of the stenciled heart with black ink
C - I added the #meh-Meh Sentiment from the Caffeinated Goat sentiment to  the lower right side of the card front using a teal ink
D - I colored the Caffeinated Goat with my alcohol markers. He has a die you can use to die cut him out.  I cut of his coffee mug so he could hold the bottle.  I found a bottle stamp and colored it to look like a adult beverage bottle 😉  The bottle is glued into the goats hand.  He is added to the card front using adhesive foam squares, placing him to the left side on the card front.

A - C - I added nine 1/2 gem embellishments to the card to finish it off before adhering it to the ice blue card base


The Rabbit Hole Designs products use:







Thanks for stopping by!  I has a fun time getting messy and creating  with the Gel Press.  It has been a while since I used it.  I love revisiting techniques and products in my stash.  I hope you enjoyed today's blog and this inspires you to try using a gel plate. As always, please feel free to ask me any questions

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog!

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired
Jenn Gross
@journeycoachjenn




No comments:

Post a Comment