Pages

Foxy Dad-isms


Hello again!  Shanna here from Caffeinated Craftiness again to share a fabulous Father's Day card using The Rabbit Hole Design's slightly cranky, under-caffeinated, just waking up Caffeinated Fox! I really wanted to use this guy for a Father's Day card for my husband, and the Sassy Sentiments paired perfectly with him for a "dad-ism" card.  My favorite is "Here, hold my beer".  I picked my favorites and stamped directly onto my coffee sleeve after dry embossing with a striped folder.  Sooo many to pick from, but I narrowed it down to the 4 that reminded me most of him. 


The coffee-shaped card was die-cut, then after fussy cutting my Caffeinated Fox, I mounted him directly onto the sleeve so he can slide off and the card can open.  He was watercolored using my Zig real brush markers on Canson Mixed Media paper. I chose to paper-piece his robe with a small print I had in my scraps though, I like how it looks like a pattered fabric! Add "#1 Dad" to the mug and Voila! I plan on inserting a gift card or two inside for a sweet little gift from me and the kids.  That along with his favorite meal, and we will have a successful Father's Day in the books!

Well, that's all for today.. Guest Designing for The Rabbit Hole Designs has been a ton of fun this month for such a fresh, fun company...Thanks for stopping by!  If you would like to follow along with my caffeinated adventures, stop by my blog here and say hi!

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!!! I love everything about it! I'm totally going to borrow your idea of putting them on a shaped card. This is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Shanna! So awesome! And the paper pieced robe is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete