Pages

Tropical Vibes Rocker Card


Hello my crafty friends, it's Amanda from Pear Blossom Press again. Today I'm sharing a rocker card with an extra surprise; there's a pendulum hanging under the Caffeinated Shark, so he sways on the tide as the card rocks.

This is the second card I designed to teach at the Unstoppable Retreat in Seattle this past weekend. (You can find the first one here.) The plan was to film it live, so you'd be able to watch us craft in real time and make one with us if you'd like. Unfortunately, we ran long with the first card and didn't get to do this one together. I passed out kits for this card to all of the attendees and I shot a quick video in my hotel room after. My apologies for the lighting and such; it's so hard to find a hotel that offers a full service filming studio ;)


For this card, you'll need the following stamps and dies (head on over to my blog for links to specific products):
  • Caffeinated Shark Stamp Set
  • Nesting Circle Dies (5½", 1¼", and ¾")
  • Stitched Wave Border Dies
  • Stitched Hillside Border Dies
  • Tropical Dies
  • Scalloped Circle Dies
You will also need a strip of paper that measures ¼" x 2½" and a penny to create the pendulum. The hardest part was die cutting all of the pieces. Which, to be honest, isn't actually hard, just time consuming. Especially, when you are cutting for 30 cards. I'd really like to thank the awesome ladies that sat around the dining room table with me the night before class and helped me finish cutting the pieces, Alison, Robin, Ernylee, Rachel, and Brianne, you ladies are fabulous!!!

I have to take a second to gush a little about the retreat...it was so much fun! I got to meet several of my online friends in person, and a whole new group of amazing ladies that I now get to call friends too! We were in a gorgeous setting and had a wonderful time crafting, chatting, laughing, and forging new friendships. We shared great meals and silly jokes all day, and funny stories and cocktails all night. I can't wait to do it again next year! A great big thanks to Beth Duff for organizing the retreat, and The Rabbit Hole Designs for being one of the generous sponsors. I was so happy to show off some of their fun stamps in my class!

Thanks for stopping by today; I'll be back again soon with another fun card for you!

1 comment: